It is a Six month Certificate level program, which comprises theoretical and practical study and internship. This program is intended to provide a hands-on introduction to the world of wine and Spirit. You’ll explore the main types and styles of wine and Spirit with practical workshops. You will also gain the basic skills to describe wines and spirits accurately, and make a perfect food and wine pairings.Students will also learn to make different types of cocktails and mocktails- After successful completion of the program the students can start their career in Star Hotels/ Cruise line/pubs etc in India and Abroad)
At the end of this program the participants will acquire the following :
- He/she will also explore the history of alcoholic beverages.
- The knowledge acquired will enable one to advise clients according to their tastes, and desires,
- From a technical point of view, he/she will learn the principle grape varieties and the production of wines, know the great growths and producers of renowned wines and the different types of wines, as well as their respective characteristics.
- The students learn about how wine, beer, and distilled spirits were created.
- The students learn the importance of responsible alcohol service and how to spot and handle customers who may have had too much to drink.
- The students will learn distinguish between fermented and distilled beverages
- She/he become familiar with each of the spirit types commonly served from today’s bar
- She/he will learn to classify wines according to type and recognize some of their distinguishing characteristics.
- Learn about the grapes used to make wine, and the winemaking process.
- Familiarize yourself with the world’s leading wine regions and the types of wine they produce.
- She/he will be able to read and understand wine labels.
- Learn how to taste a wine so that you can adequately assess its characteristics and describe them to customers.
- She/he will learn the skill to train and motivate their service staff to recommend and serve various alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages.
- She/he will learn to open and store wine properly.
- She/he will learn how beer is made and the role of each of its ingredients.
- She/he will be able to recognize and describe the various types and styles of beer.
- The learners can understand the method, equipment, ingredients, and garnish (es) to be used for each drink you serve.
- The students will learn how to make cocktails in different methods.
- The students will learn to create signature (specialty) drinks.
- The students will learn the laws about record keeping, bottle closures, empty bottles, and official inspections
- The students learn how read and understand wine labels.
|I||Introduction to the Beverage Industry|
|II||Responsibilities of a Bartender in Alcohol Service|
|III||Introduction and method of production of Spirits|
|IV||Introduction to the Wine|
|V||Bar and Wine Service Standards|
- The World Atlas of Wineby Hugh Johnson Hardcover
- The Wine Bibleby Karen MacNeil
- The Essential Guide to Wine by Madeline Puckette
- ü Wine Simple by Aldo Sohm
- Wine for Normal People by Elizabeth Schneider
- How to Drink Wine by Grant Reynolds
- Encyclopedia of Wine, Beer, Spirits & Liqueurs by Stuart Walton and Brian Glover
- The Craft of the Cocktail by Dale DeGroff
Creating the hospitality leaders of tomorrow
Our specially designed hospitality programs make the careers of ambitious students just like you.